Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Someone Tell Me How?

Someone tell me how. I finally received a job offer. As a sales engineer in this small local company. Given the fact that it's a small company, the salary package is really good. You are not sheltered, so you are forced to learn. But your career opportunities are limited, in a sense that you are stuck to be sales engineer still.. in the future, of cos with greater responsibility and sales territory.

Now, they want me to make a decision whether to accept it or not. By Fri morning. They are really hurried to hire. But I was not ready to accept it. So it's real annoying for them to hurry me making such an important decision. I really do want to think it through properly. Afterall, I am gonna work for the next 40 years of my life!

I know i shouldnt jump at the 1st offer i received. Should I wait or not? I just receive calls from 2 other companies, PSA and JnJ for assessment and interview. Presented to me were such good opportunities. But on the other hand, I am really worried that in the end, i lose everything. It's a risk, a gamble I have to take. Oh god, i really hope and pray very hard... I need to ace something I like................:(

I thank my uni buddies for their advice. If i am really keen on the job, I shouldnt be so hesitant. So their advice was to reject it. Of cos, it came to my mind to resort to "unethical" means. Accepting it (w/o signing employment letter) and still go for my interviews, then reject them once I got what i desire.V wicked right? I dont think the company will allow me to start work nxt month or what. When i told them about starting work next month, it seems that they are not v happy. Oh well... Should I wait for more opportunities or should I not wait anymore? Quick! I need advice!

Labels: ,

^momo^ @ 11:20 PM